Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Help ourselves b4 we help others...


This is true for us who would want to practice someday. So I did go for a couple of sessions... I was fine and all. But, one session where I was required to first draw mountains, then river, tree, dog, sun, house, gate, road, snake, and birds... from the drawing, the counselor would interpret the drawing...

She first noticed that I am very hard on myself... I definitely have goals, but if I do not achieve them, it kills me... I need to learn to relax. I have resources to do so, I have them near me... but still I control myself too much...

Then the next question of "Are you happy?" really broke the water balloon... I started to tear... I hate to cry, even more in front of someone else. So, i swallowed it and kept quiet. I told myself, I am ok, all I need to do is do the usual talking-about-it, then I'll be fine... I did spoke to my sister... it felt a bit better, but this really made me realize that when one hits the bulls eye question... that's when the counseling begins... because the upfront issue might not be the real issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment