Friday, April 17, 2009

Show Love Without Saying...


I find that the longer a relationship is, the more that needs to be done to keep it going strong. I learned a lot along the way and practice a few things in my relationship, such as
  1. Don't compare them to anyone
  2. Be courteous
  3. Embrace the present moments without fear or guilt
  4. Be fair
  5. Give your full attention when talking
  6. Say you're sorry
  7. Act silly together
  8. Show your joy when they come home
  9. Show your gratitude for them
  10. Be a good sounding board
  11. Compliment them in front of others
  12. Spend time with them
  13. Ask for hugs and kisses
  14. Listen
  15. Be yourself
  16. Leave notes or send letters
  17. Buy a "for no reason at all" gift
  18. Don't gossip or judge
  19. Give space when they're in a bad or sad mood
  20. Make them laugh
  21. Consider their feelings
  22. Let them make their own decisions
Besides that, think out of the box and ignore what's the norm... for example, the norm in a proposal is the guy would have a bouquet of flowers and a ring. No doubt, my fiance did the usual proposal... I did the same for him too :) one day, out of the blue, I got him a ring and a bouquet of flowers, waited for him to get home from a hard days work... and I proposed to him. He was surprised and shocked as who would have imagined (a guy) would get that in return?

I'll write short love notes on post-its and stick it on the mirror, instead of buying a cake and having a meal during Valentine's Day or Anniversaries, I prefer to cook and bake... simple stuff of course... they like all these simple gestures too ;) I even made a pop-up valentine's card for my fiance this year (search online on Wiki how)

No comments:

Post a Comment